Thursday 24 January 2013

BFL Day #18

Yesterday was day #15 of the body for life (I mean, Rick for Life).  Here are the stats so far:

Start weight:  218
Current weight: 213
Activity: high intensity aerobic workout.  Ran on Treadmill 20 minutes.  My high points involved 5mph, my low point was 3mph.  I tried to keep a run through most of it, although just before the last cycle I did walk some. Next time the plan is to not walk at all. 

For the record, I have asthma.  That means that my high intensity, my high points, my tens, would probably be eights to most other people.  But because of my bad lungs, I really am almost unable to hit a true ten, or a true high point.  I still do the intensity, yet a true high point is not really going to happen. 

Due to my schedule, most of my workouts are in the evening.  I also do this because it's in the evening that I have my week points: the time in the day I crave junk food and alcohol. So, instead of delving into the junk, I exercise. 

My routine generally goes like this (I will do a two week cycle):

Sunday:  Day off work....free day from diet.... upper body workout
Monday: Work 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.... BFL diet day.... no workout
Tuesday: Work 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.... BFL diet day... aerobic workout
Wednesday: Work 7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m..... BFL diet day... lower body workout
Thursday: No work... BFL diet day... aerobic workout
Friday:  No work.... BFL diet day... upper body workout
Saturday: No work... BFL diet day... aerobic workout

Sunday: No work... free day from diet... lower body workout
Monday: Work 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.... BFL diet day.... no workout
Tuesday: Work 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.... BFL diet day... aerobic workout
Wednesday: no work..... BFL diet day... upper body workout
Thursday: No work... BFL diet day... aerobic workout
Friday:  No work.... BFL diet day... lower body workout
Saturday: No work... BFL diet day... aerobic workout

Free days:  Due to my schedule, I usually take my free day starting at 4 p.m. on Saturday until 4 p.m. on Sunday.  This allows me to go out with my friends and not worry about what I eat and drink, and also to go out for breakfast or lunch the next day.  This is essential to maintain my sanity.  I also, at times, take free days on other days as necessary.  For examle, next week on Thursday is three dollar appetisers at a local restaurant, and also three dollar drinks.  I will take that day off and gorge as I feel appropriate.

Mistakes:  There are days I will have a craving for something.  Most of the time I can get past these moments, but I believe it is better to  have a cookie once, than to crash altogether and lose all progress.  So after work this past Tuesday, a day that was very long and tense, I didn't fight the urge to have a glass of wine.  The only thing is that I did not let myself gorge into the refrigerator upon the development of the buzz (and Lord knows drinking makes you hungry). 

So there you go.  That's the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment