Tuesday 29 January 2013

You did not earn that cookie! So keep your hands off it!!

I have friends who are way overweight.  I am overweight too.  There is nothing wrong with that.  It's a personal choice.  And I believe it's a personal choice.  I take full responsibility for the body that I have.  And when I finish the BFL, I will take total credit for my transformed body.

Still, my friends at work sometimes say:  "I worked hard today.  I deserve this cookie."

I want to say this:   YOU DO NOT DESERVE THAT COOKIE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD A BAD DAY IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN PATHETIC PHYSICAL SHAPE.  YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING TO EARN IT.  ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING AN EXCUSE TO EAT JUNK!!!!

Seriously, folks, if you are on a diet, you should stick to your plan.  Eating a cookie you feel you've earned is fine if you really earned it.

I have to remind myself of this every Tuesday, which tend to be my most susceptible day to crashing.  I work Monday and Tuesday 12 plus hours, and when I can think BFL all day long, do the diet perfectly, then come home and crash because I deserve it.

Well, what did I do to deserve it.  I spent the last six months eating crap, drinking beer, and collecting fat cells.  I did not earn a day off.  If anything, I've earned a responsibility to not eat a cookie and not drink a beer.
------------

Update: My Tuesday was a success.  I worked all day, ate well, ran on the treadmill, and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment