Saturday 26 January 2013

Day # 21 of 84

I have managed to get the pulmonary flu, of which has congested my lungs and nasal passages.  My asthma is acting up a bit, although thankfully I've been taking the Advair 500 the past couple weeks due to anticipation of this happening.  My kids have been sick for quite some time.

So far this has not affected my weight lifting workout, although it has prevented me from getting tens in cardio.  Yet that's fine with me.  I'm just happy to be able to get my workouts in.

Last night was an aerobic workout on the treadmill.  For the most part it was one of my best workouts to date, as I reached my goal of running the entire time.  My sixes were generally run at 3-3.5 miles per hour, and, increasing every minute in increments of .5, I was able to reach a maximum of 5 for my nines and my final ten (if you want to call it a ten).

This morning I weighed myself after eating breakfast, and my weight was 211.  That means I have now lost seven plus pounds, as the first time I weighed myself was after my first week of working out because I was so disgusted with myself.

The bad part of this current weight is that on January 15, 2012 when I started, I weighted only 210 pounds.  By last July I was 185, so in a way this is also discouraging.  In either case, I must trudge on.  I feel really good right now, and I'm ready for my free day which will begin in 15 minutes.

Tonight I haven't decided what I'm going to do.  Due to the state of my lungs, I think I might do a light upper body workout instead of doing aerobics on the treadmill.  Although I might change my mind.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment